I’m very happy to report that my old piano has been sold, though for a fraction of what I think it was worth, to an instrument shop in Wiltshire. I hope that the eventual owners have lots of fun playing it.
- Made by Witton, Witton & Co, London, probably c. 1920-22.
- Restored by Courtney Pianos, Oxford 1991. As the invoice puts it: “fully restrung & re-pinned, action & keyboard renovated, tuned to A=440 Hz (modern concert pitch) and regulated”.
- Iron frame, 88-key (7-and-a-half octave), overstrung, under-damped upright.
- Approx size 62″x52″x28″ / 157 x 132 x 71 cm (Note – deeper than many, so check your door sizes!)
- Originally a pianola, alas the roll-playing mechanism is long gone.
Video on YouTube and MP3 Sound file:
Here are some pictures: