I’m pleased to report that my friend has sold her motorbike. I’ve left the video on YouTube as a sort of keep-sake: GS500F on YouTube
- 2005 Suzuki GS500F, 2 cyl, 4-stroke.
- One previous owner (i.e. 2 in total).
- Tax until Aug ’13, MoT to March ’14.
- Factory-fitted fairing; Givi topbox & rack.
- New battery, practically new tyres.
- Low insurance group.
- Falls within the 47bhp limit of the new A2 bike test rules.
The GS500F is a manual 5-speed 500cc twin engine, fully faired for good weather protection and comfort. Low-ish seat good for shorter riders. Popular commuter/first big bike, 55-70mpg depending on riding style!
The bike has been decently maintained by the owner and the local dealer; it has some scuffs and the normal rust in the harder-to-reach areas, plus a small tear in the seat (approx size of 5p coin – see photo, below; new seat about £40 on ebay)
My friend has reluctantly decided to sell because she is now using her car so much instead.